The Stelvio Name:
The Stelvio is our no-compromise turntable - the application of everything we've learned about vibration control.
The Stelvio customer in the continental United States receives a personal, in-home setup and mentoring session from Galibier.
All Galibiers are made in the U.S.A. but we worship the great traditions of European Bicycling and Alpine Climbing and Skiing. In honor of these traditions, we christened this turntable after the famous Stelvio mountain pass in the Dolomite mountain range in Italy.
Long-term listening satisfaction comes only when your equipment is dedicated to the entirety of music reproduction - not sacrificing one aspect of reproduction in order to impress someone in the audition room.
Externally resembling the Gavia, the Stelvio base takes vibration control to the extreme, with the machining of a complex maze of vibration damping chambers and stiffening fins in its base.
The Stelvio platter incorporates 17 pounds of brass into its structure.
Operationally, it is identical to the Gavia.
- Base milled from a solid 75 pound aluminum billet - containing a complex matrix of damping chambers and stiffeners.
- Threaded bearing insert - improves coupling to base.
- Aluminum parts custom finished to your specification (Stelvio platter is anodized black).
- Articulated (pivoting) armboard (accommodates 12" arms)
- Can mount two tonearms (click thumbnail at right for example)
Complete Stelvio turntable includes includes everything except tonearm and cartridge:
- Stelvio TPI Platter©
- Motor Pod with precious brush DC motor
- Armboard drilled for your arm
- Custom finish - anodized or painted
- Battery power supply
Outside the USA and Canada:
We cannot ship batteries outside the USA and Canada. We will credit you $100 toward the purchase of a 12 Volt battery supply and will provide you with the necessary umbilical connectors.